The HERO Project
A dynamic, dramatic and creative process that encourages self-esteem, imagination, communication,
self-expression, creative thinking, relationship enrichment and more.
The HERO Project invites creativity and communication between people with Alzheimer’s, their families, caregivers and others, by using simple storytelling and scrapbooking techniques. This dynamic, dramatic and interactive process engages all participants.
Scroll down or click on links on right
to see HERO projects
Through this workshop, we aspire to:
- Give people of all abilities a chance to be part of something vibrant, fun, creative and interactive.
- Explore an intergenerational project that family members can be part of, either first hand or long-distance.
- Discover ways to create something that provides a visual and lasting memory, something to share with the person who has dementia and with others.
The Hero Project combines storytelling and scrap booking techniques in a dynamic, playful and interactive process that highlights and celebrates everyday events. Because of its flexibility, Hero Projects can include sensory, artistic, dramatic and musical elements.
This project invites:
- Creativity and interaction
- Connection with others
- Reminiscence and celebration of personal qualities